Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Today's Bake


***Will share the recipe first thing tomorrow morning! :) I'm too tired to rummage through my things to find the recipe. 

So today I had my trade test at this job I am applying at. Today's menu, aside from that Chiffon Cake were Lemon Meringue Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, and Ciabatta Bread. I wasn't able to take pictures of the rest though. I really liked how this Chiffon Cake turned out. It looks pretty yummy and yes, I tasted it, and was indeed good. I just wasn't a big fan of the flaky pie dough I made for the pot pie. I tried the recipe before and it came out perfectly. I'm guessing it was the kind or brand of butter they made me use that the flaky pie didn't come out as flaky as it was supposed to be. Same as with the Pate Sucree for the Lemon Meringue. I wish I used a different recipe. Oh well. There's nothing I can do now, can I? Right now I am just hoping for whatever is best. Get it or not, it was fun being in the kitchen again, a real commercial kitch at that. Reminded me again of how much fun I had while I was working in Hyatt Regency in Jacksonville with the nicest colleagues and mentors. Wish I can have that here in Manila, PH. 

Goodnight, xo


No comments:

Post a Comment